- CPU: 1.4 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard disk: 1.5 GB available free space
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit), or Windows 8 (32- or 64-bit) in Desktop Mode
- Adobe Flash Player ActiveX, 11.0 or later
- QuickTime 7.5 or later recommended
- Web browsers for video downloading and bookmarking:
- Google Chrome current version, and two previous versions
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Mozilla Firefox current version, and two previous versions
Additional requirements for RealPlayer Plus 16
- Compatible DVD writer (internal or external)
- 2 GB of RAM
- 5 GB of free disk space while burning (for temporary files), 10 GB for AVCHD
- Blank DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, or DVD+RW disc
Good to know
RealPlayer is designed to work on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
RealPlayer only works in Desktop Mode in Windows 8. If you would like a Windows Store app, check out RealPlayer Express.
You can still use RealPlayer if you have Internet Explorer 7, but popular video websites no longer support Internet Explorer 7. This means that features that interact with video websites, such as Web Videos, will not work.
RealPlayer 16 will install on Windows XP SP2, but with a limited set of features. Upgrading to Windows XP SP3 is recommended.
Was this information helpful?
Not all services and features are available in all countries.
Services and features will be added as they become available.
© 2012 RealNetworks, Inc. All rights reserved.