What if the Download This Video button doesn't appear?
Not all video content on the internet is available for download. If RealDownloader detects that the video is not recordable—or the owner of the video does not allow downloading—the Download This Video button will not appear.
If you recently installed Firefox 8 or later, try this first.
There could be other reasons as well. To check, follow these steps.
1. Check the system requirements
Make sure your computer meets the system requirements for RealDownloader, especially for your browser.
2. Play a test video
To open a test video in a new page, click here.
3. Make sure the button is enabled in RealDownloader
- Open RealDownloader.
- Click , then Preferences.
- Make sure that under Show the Download This Video button either "on page load" or "only on mouse-over" is selected.
4. Make sure the button is enabled in your browser
If you are opening Internet Explorer 9 for the first time, a small popup window appears at the bottom of the screen to enable our downloader plugin.
- Click Tools.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Locate RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer.
- If it says "Enabled" under the Status column, the plugin is enabled. If it says "Disabled", click it.
- In the lower portion of the window, click Enable and then click Close. Restart Internet Explorer and try your download again.
- If you have Windows XP, click the Tools menu.
If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the Firefox button.
- Select Add-ons.
- From the Add-ons Manager page, click Plugins, then locate RealDownloader.
- If the button says "Enable", click it. (If the button says "Disable", the plugin is currently enabled.)
- Restart Firefox and try your download again.
- Click .
- Select Tools > Extensions.
- Locate the RealNetworks Downloader Extension.
- If checkbox is selected and labeled "Enabled", the extension is currently enabled.
- If the checkbox is empty and labeled "Enable", select it. Restart Chrome and try the download again.
5. Turn off private browsing (Internet Explorer)
If Internet Explorer is set to InPrivate Browsing, Download This Video will not work. To turn off private browsing, close and restart your browser.
6. Uninstall and reinstall RealDownloader
- Uninstall RealPlayer.
- Download the latest version of RealPlayer from realplayer.com.
- Restart your computer and then try your download again.
What it means if the steps did not work
If you are still not seeing the Download This Video button, or if you can download some videos but not others, it is likely that the website that you are viewing does not allow video downloads, or downloads of that specific video. See Can I download any video? for details.
Was this information helpful?
Not all services and features are available in all countries.
Services and features will be added as they become available.
© 2012 RealNetworks, Inc. All rights reserved.